Wow, what a crazy couple of months. My husband came and went, got promoted, and now has around 22 weeks left to go in this deployment. I just finished up my Master's Degree today!!! I wish I had Elijah here to share my crazy excitement with, but my girlfriends will do.
I wish I could say that this deployment has become easier over time, but it has done the opposite. I miss my husband more than ever. Some days are better than others. Some days, all I want to do is sleep and not talk to anyone...And some days, I can't get out of the house enough. It's funny because my girlfriends (who are also going through this deployment) seem to have the same ups and downs at the same time. Maybe that's God helping us encourage and help each other through this! Praise God for good girlfriends! I will say that Elijah keeps me going most days.....I'm so proud of him. He's working so hard....with no days off. He said to me, "It's not like I get weekends to look forward too. I have five more months of straight work- no days off." That makes me sad for him. My husband though, doesn't complain much about not having days off. I can see it and hear it over skype though. I know he loves what he does, but he and I both are tired of this deployment. Can I get an amen from my other girlfriends with deployed soldiers?!
I also quit my job with Wells Fargo. Summary=Not the job for me. New opportunities on the horizon......I'll keep you updated!
I should have more time to put updates on this blog from the last couple of months.....plus I should have more time to chat over the phone ;). And sorry, I know it's been forever since I posted!
Congrats on your master's degree!! :)
ReplyDeleteThe end of the deployment was definitely hardest for me, but just keep chuggin along! :)
YAY! So proud of you for finishing up your MBA! I know you are thrilled to finally be done with school! We keep praying for you guys. Being away from the one you love is NEVER easy (and I don't think it should be...God designed us to want/crave/desire that intimate relationship with our spouses), the hope of seeing him again keeps it barely bearable. Keep hanging in there girl, I'm so proud of you! Come see us soon! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the Master's! That is awesome!
ReplyDelete